Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy First Day Of OCTOBER!


  
Sorry for the double-post, but I just couldn't help it!  I LOVE October!  It just feels like the true beginning of all things Autumny :)  Which is the most fabulous season there is, as it's the doorway to chilly nights, bowls of chili, snuggling up on the couch, and baking, baking, baking!  It also means pulling up the scraggly remains of our summer garden, and bringing in the pumpkins!!  I just cut our first sugar pumpkin today- it's so cute!  I will enjoy looking at it til we bake it up into a pie. Or bread.  Or biscotti.  Or soup.  The possibilities are endless.

Livie's first pumpkin- she grew it herself!
On another fall note, did anyone get a chance to see the Harvest Moon?!  Big and Yellow, so beautiful!  We didn't get a picture of it, but a few nights before, Gabe had his telescope out, and we took this shot through the lens:

That's amore!
More fall fun awaits, and all I can say, in the words of Rhino, the hamster, is:  LET IT BEGIN!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, Rhino--Master of Stealth ;)

    Autumn gives me the warm fuzzies, just wish it lasted longer!
    Livie looks SO much like you in that picture...and a little like Sophia too.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little guy- he's BE-awesome! Just like Autumn :) And October...which is home to a few birthdays of some amazing people... :D

    Livie is my mini-me, but your right, she is looking more like Sophia. Two outa five isn't bad! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny! I was just going to post the same thing: WHEN did Liv start looking so much like Sophia?! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how much they change- it's like they wake up and you can see something is different. They get big too quickly- Ava just turned THREE!

    ReplyDelete