Monday, December 6, 2010

Did Anyone See November????

Seriously!  Where did last month go??!  It was full of family and fun, but it went by so fast.  I love this time of year, but it never seems long enough.  With the inspiration from my sister-in-law, who had her house decked way out for Christmas the week before Thanksgiving (go Chris!!), we drug out the decorations the day after Thanksgiving. I'm so glad, because at least December seems to be going at a little slower pace.  We went over to Marty (Rob's bro) and Chris' house to celebrate Mitch's 21st and Luke's 10th birthdays.  So much fun hanging out with everyone.  Love you all!

Way too many cute genes in this family :)

The girls havin' fun

Pretty masks from Aunt Chris

For Thanksgiving, my sister and her family came to stay for a week- yay!  We ended up going down to our Aunt and Uncle's house to see our family we haven't seen in a while- so glad we went!  My uncle was there, haven't seen him in ages.  So I made him retell the chicken lady story (he will always add, with a very serious face- "it's a true story").  This is the story we, as children, would all gather around in the dark and listen to him tell, and it would send chills down our backs as we listened to him make the Scriiitch, Scraaaatch sound of her chicken claw feet walking on the cobblestone road in Mexico.  I know, no wonder I turned out the way I did!  But still, I got it on video...to freak out future generations, of course. :)


Me, My Sis, and Uncle Eli the Storyteller
Some of the cousins that he terrified!
It was a fun night- we love family! We came home and didn't eat our turkey until Sunday night, because even though we took it out Monday, it was still frozen solid Thursday morning! ha :)  But we had a fun visit with Sarah and Caleb.  We all watched "Hello, Dolly" for the first time, in part because Caleb brought Wall-E and wanted the kids to see the muscial that was in the cartoon.  None of us realized it was Barbara Streisand ( I know...we don't know some stuff!), but it was a fun watch for us all, and Eva and Ava were adorable- they dressed up all princess-y and danced their little skirts off to all the music.  So much fun!

Well, Hello, Dollies!


The box says it all!



12 week old Simeon, or sometimes called "baby Cinnamon" by Ava :)
Wish we lived closer, but are so thankful for visits, and very thankful for family- what a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. The little girls in the Cutie Box?? How adorable :-) I hope you are having a great holiday season! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete