Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hooked on Crochet

Bag of Comfort!

Crochet is near and dear to my heart.  My mom taught me how when I was a wee thing, and I haven't looked back since.  Not that I get to do it all the time- there are a lot of things on my plate, and other things that I like to learn.  Like knitting.  And sewing.  And embroidery.  And...you get the picture.  But there is nothing else that after even a year or two of neglect, I can still plop down on the couch and pick up as naturally as breathing, and nothing so comforting as finding a good groove in a pattern, whether it be for a baby blanket (more to follow on that note!), or these envelope purses that have been finding their way into people's hands, whether for Christmas or birthdays.  The buttons give them a special touch (have I mentioned my LOVE for  buttons? Also a gift from my mom...).


My little jar of buttons :)







Sophia has learned to crochet as well, and Olivia is hot on her trail.  Sophia has also made these envelope purses, and also these soap holder bags:

Looks much better in your hand than in a picture!


She really does an amazing job.  I'm so thankful to my mom for passing these things on, and so thankful to be blessed with little ones to pass them on to.

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I'm really glad to hear it is generational! Those purses are really cute, great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amber! :) I'm going to try to do more projects this year, and learn some new stuff, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these are very cute. and i can very much relate to that feeling of picking up the yarn and getting into rhythm. it's so comforting and relaxing.

    the buttons are perfect. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete