Thursday, January 27, 2011

Table of Awesomeness!!!

Color, color EVERYWHERE!!!


Everyone needs a little shopping therapy every now and again.  Yesterday was my day.  We went to the thrift store, and I had a Pyrexy feeling before we got there.  I walked in and spied a colonial pattern divided dish.  I picked it up to look a bit closer, and Sophia came up and said excitedly- Mom, is this Pyrex?  In her hand was this beauty:

I LOVE ORANGE!!!

Sophia is on the hunt if she knows I'm looking for something in particular when we go thrifting.  She has even been known to follow people (inconspicuously) around to see if they will put a wanted item down. :)  This is my first orange bowl, so I was thrilled.  In two thrift stores, we found lots of treasure!

Old wooden spools with fabulous colors!

My very first Vera scarf!!!  SO exciting! :)
Love the colors and pattern!

Almost too pretty to use...ALMOST!!!
 I'm so thankful the kids love to go to the thrift stores as much as I do!  They scored a dart board with a cool wooden case:

For the older ones, of course!
 All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good thrifting day!  For more of the Pyrex story, you can visit  the Pyrex Collective   .

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh great purse! Definitely crying to be used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, seems like you had a fantastic thrifting day!

    I read your post on the Pyrex collective and you mentioned that your scarf was a Vera Wang scarf. It is actually a Vera Neumann design, not Vera Wang. Vera Neumann was an artist turned textile designers in the 70's. Still a fantastic find, as her scarves are very famous and sought after. I'm lucky to have bought one in the 70's myself (way before I knew who she was) and I have always kept it because I thought it was fabulous. Yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I enlist my children's help in the thrift store too! They are gettin pretty good at spotting the pyrex. I have my Mum's Vera Neumann scarves that she bought in the seventies and now, of course, pick up more when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction! I love the scarf, so I'm glad to know who the designer was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the scarf, I have always wondered about Vera, i have a few myself and have always seen them in thrift stores. She must have been a very prolific designer, there are so many different styles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!! You got a lot of great stuff!!! I haven't found that much Pyrex lately:(

    (I love your yellow table)

    ReplyDelete