Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love...Actually




























The other night I went out my door, and was greeted by these beautiful peach blossoms.  They caught me off guard with their beauty- it was something unexpected.  Like a gift from a friend, just because- not because it's your birthday, or Christmas, or any other special occasion.  In that moment, I felt like it was a Valentine from God- a little gift of beauty, just to let me know that He loves me and is thinking of me.   Have you ever had a moment like that?  I hope you have.  And if you haven't, keep your eyes open.  He sends us little love notes all the time, I think a lot of the time we are just too distracted to notice them- and that is a sad thought!  His love overwhelms me sometimes.  It never fails.  He loves me unconditionally- I can't do anything to make him love me any more, or any less.  He knows me inside and out, and yet He still is interested in everything I have to say.  He speaks to me words of comfort and strength when I need them.  Maybe not in an audible voice, but through His word, through the kindness of a friend, through a show of beauty that He has made, just for me.  He has blessed me so much with love in the form of my husband, my children, my family and friends.  He loves me enough to gently speak truth to me when I am wrong and need to change, and gives me the courage to trust him to help me make those changes.  His love is better than anything else...because it is where all true love comes from.  I guess I've been thinking about love a lot this month, along with everyone else.  I'm so thankful for those peach blossoms- a little reminder of the greatest Love there is.  xoxo

13 comments:

  1. How beautiful! What part of the world do you live in that offers such beauty in February? Here, God's gifts these days are snow and more snow, lol! And, ahem, we love every snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in sunny southern California! Where are you from? :) We used to get snow when we lived in northern CA. It's so beautiful- I loved it. Then again, I didn't have to shovel it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in Southern Ontario. A little colder! I have been to California twice, I just adore it! We drove along the coast, first time from Las Vegas to San Simeon down to L.A., second time from San Francisco down to San Simeon and back. It is magnificent scenery along the coast! I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I feel extremely blessed to be living where we are. I would love to see Canada- I've never been!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...you just made me cry. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you too! Thanks for being part of the love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! We also have peach trees just coming into flower here in Dehradun, India (in the foothills of the Himalayas). Thanks for the reminder of who sent them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous sentiment. ♥ (diving over from imadeitso)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautifully written, and a gorgeous photo. add me to the "jealous in snowy canada" group... but that's ok. i know our time will come. my tulip magnolia tree never lets me down :)

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Ana, for hosting a cool sharing spot! What a great idea- I love reading everyone's takes on the topic. Enjoy the snow while you have it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully said. Love & miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my pleasure, dive in anytime :) i agree, i find the different takes on a topic so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous blooms! I love that you had such a profound moment from the simplicity of a blossom...

    I'm stopping by from i made it so's friday archive dive "love". (I know, I'm a week overdue!) I hope you'll do the same! You can find mine @ http://sofiasideas.com/2011/02/12/valentines-day-the-non-conformist-way-2/

    Sofia's Ideas

    ReplyDelete