Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Extra Fun!


Gabe, Sophia and Isabel recently had the opportunity to be extras in a commercial being filmed right here in town.  Santa Paula is very busy as far as filming goes, and it is part of the city's history and heritage- so this was a great way to be a part of that.  Not to mention the thrill of being in a commercial! :)  The week before filming, ANOTHER wave of the flu hit us hard, and one by one, the kids got sick.  By the end of the week, Sophia and Isabel were both still sick. :(  I felt horrible for them, that they had to miss it- but they didn't even feel good enough to be sad about it.

So in the end, Gabe got to go.  For as long as I can remember, Gabe has wanted to act.  I know God has blessed him with all the right giftings to be able to do really well in that arena, so it will be fun to see where that takes him.   They were filming a "parade", so we got to see a lot of fun stuff! 

Look at that FABULOUS beehive!  I want one!!!

Santa Paula cheerleaders and band got in the action...

Love all the behind the scenes techie stuff!!!

After a very long day of shooting (and reshooting, and reshooting!), I asked him what he thought about the whole process, and he said, "Well, it's a start!"  Ha- love that kid!

"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

2 comments:

  1. Man, what a tenacious kid! What was the commercial for? You have to post the final cut on your blog! I hope you can see your boy! I hope all is well, tell the kiddos to feel better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The commercial was for Hertz rental cars, and it should be a good one when it's all put together. I didn't want to put too much info, because I wasn't really supposed to be taking pics on set, but then the S.P. paper came out the same day with all the info and a color picture! ha- I guess I'm safe! I definitely want to post the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete