Thursday, June 9, 2011

Blaaaaah(G)

So this is an apology, of sorts.  I have received a few texts, saying that while Jello is fun, it is time for something new.  I wholeheartedly agree!  But lately, every time I sit down to write a new post,  the only thing I'm feelin' is blaaah.   I have lots of fun things to share, and they will surface soon, I hope!  For now though, I just want to curl up on the couch and watch a movie.  Or sleep.  Or run to the bathroom with my hand over my mouth (ok, that's not really what I WANT to do, more like what I can't get away from doing!)...

No cause for alarm, I am not dying or very sick...we are having a baby! :)  I have been sick for the first 4 1/2 months with all the little ones, and this one is no different.  I am not out of the woods yet, so bear with me for a bit.  I will be checking in periodically.  I still have been checking everyone's blogs out,  just not commenting as much.  It's crazy, the strange things that happen to you as you undergo this miraculous change...like:
 
Feeling neglected :(

I used to love waking up to the smell of coffee in the morning (and enjoying a morning cup), and now my poor husband is banned from even looking at the coffee maker- unless he moves it to the garage!  Even writing that sentence is making me gag!  The smell of peanut butter is equally offensive- the littles know that if they eat a sandwich, they have to wash their hands and face and brush their teeth before they come see me.   Even unexpected smells are making me sick. Last weekend, our local strawberry stand had Jam Berry Day, a wonderful event where they sell de-stemmed, ultra-ripe berries for $1 a pound- fabulous!  So we got 35 pounds of berries to make jam.  WHAT was I thinking?!  A few hours later, the smell of those strawberries was making me run, and I still had to make jam!  I am thankful that I have helpers who love to be in the kitchen, they really helped me get it done!   I have also acquired strange urges...I devoured half of Rob's hamburger the other day, and if you know me at all, you know that is a super-crazy thing for me to do. I do not like red meat. At all. ( Hot dogs don't count! :) )  I think the last time I ordered a hamburger for myself at a restaurant was in the '90s....no joke.

It hasn't been all bad.  The mister and the kids have been amazing, and everyone is doing extra to help me.  Gabe says (with a smile!) that the work is all going to a new baby, so it's worth it.  SO sweet.  I am definitely blessed.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wowee! Congrats! You have the most adorable and loving kids. This new baby is lucky to have your family. My friend Dana had bad food related nausea too. She could smell the food on other people's breath from across the room. That is kinds scary! Hopefully that phase passes soon for you and you can enjoy "eating for two", lols! Take care and blog when you can :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Hoooray!!!! I'm so glad the secret's out! When I was pregnant with Miles, I developed a love for red meat too. Never touched the stuff before. But strangely, I haven't lost the love 6 years later. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I had heartburn and nausea too the whole time. No cravings, just food aversions. I couldn't stand looking at raw meat, I had to leave the grocery store once! I couldn't stand anything with tomatoes either. They say that the heartburn is because you'll have a baby with lots of hair. Well, I had two girls with lots of hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very exciting! I know this is not an easy season for you (my sister-in-law is exactly the same way...constantly nauseous...no fun), but it will absolutely be worth it. Blessings! -diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for all your kind comments and well wishes! I'm so thankful for you all. And thanks to those sympathizing with the mister and sending Starbuck's gift cards- they are helping him keep sane! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thank you Sarah for the Pioneer Woman link- not only does she have amazing recipes (Here I come, chicken tacos!), but the iced coffee recipe will be another saver for Rob, as his cards will be depleted shortly!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete