Monday, November 21, 2011

Cutest.Thing.EVER!

Super-Cutie Sock Monkey (just for you, KS!) ;)

Ok, maybe not EVER, but very close!  I love this hat, which brings me to being thankful for a few more things....

1.  Free Online Patterns.  Thanks to all who post their creations for all to use- it's a very generous thing to do.
2.  I am thankful to my mom for teaching me how to crochet at a young age.  I've said this before, but it bears repeating.  It's one of those soul-satisfying things to do- to snuggle up on the couch and either watch an old movie or listen to some good music and crochet away.  Even better when it's a little earflap beanie for your soon-coming bundle! 

This was a super easy pattern, perfect for a beginner.  I finished it in a few hours- which is a satisfying project to do, since it's immediate gratification...


I love the edging on this- it's a crab stitch, or a reverse single crochet.  Easy, but impressive results.  If we have a girl, you can bet a crochet flower will end up on this (or the next one!)- I will definitely be making more of these in other colors (and maybe bigger sizes for the kiddos if I can find a bigger pattern).

Unrelated, I was so happy to wake up to the first snow on our mountain tops...a little reminder that winter is upon us, and we have a few weeks of sleep left before this little baby comes... :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is cute! Nice job. :) I would totally wear that original one with the big flower. Too bad it's only in baby sizes.
    I'm with you, so thankful for free patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Isn't that girly one cute! I have some really cute bee buttons somewhere that I'll be putting on this one when I find them. :) I've had them forever- from one of Gabe's cakes when he was little!

    ReplyDelete