Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Wonderland


We recently celebrated a certain now 7 year old's birthday, with an Alice in Wonderland dress up tea party.  It was so much fun!  We had a few friends sleep over the night before, and after dinner we spent time making paper lanterns to decorate the tea party with.


I think we have an ambi- she was cutting left and right handed!



After all that crafting, we got snug into jammies,  made some popcorn and watched the animated Alice in Wonderland.


The morning hours flew by, with sleeping in and hurried preparations.  There were a billion things that I had wanted to get done that had to be scrapped because of time...but I'm having to get used to that with a wee babe.  Thankfully everyone pitched in, and it was so much fun!














It was a mix of the old animated Disney Alice and Tim Burton's Alice, and it worked out great.  Everyone looked so cute, and the White Queen/birthday girl had a day she won't ever forget!  We love you Olivia!

8 comments:

  1. What a cute party!! I love how the girls were involved in decorating and making the lanterns. Seeing the sleeping bags on the floor brought back some amazing memories of all those sleep over parties when I was young :) Fun times!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great memories, aren't they?! Definitely magical moments. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like everyone had a blast, all the costumes and decorations looked great. Wish we could've been there ... wonder if I could've turned Caleb into a hookah smokin' caterpillar???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can TOTALLY envision that one! He would have been perfect. :) I wish you all could have been here, too. :( I bet I would have been able to make my mushroom cookies then- AND had a buddy to eat them with!

      Delete
  3. Wow the coolest Party!
    I love the costumes and decorations.... and make up!
    Tweedledee is really funny! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ella- so glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fantastic! I love how many people participated in the costumes! You guys are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! :) I wonder- who would you pick to dress up as? I'm sure whoever it was, your costume would be a blast!

      Delete