Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happy Pyrex Finds!

To be honest, I usually don't like shopping Goodwill.  The ones in our area never seem to have anything good when I go.  Maybe I'm just missing something. They do, however, sometimes carry leftovers from Target, and recently my friend found us the cutest woodland themed comforter that we had been wanting to get for the girls room...for $15!!! So I have found myself heading to Goodwill a lot these days, in hopes of scoring a matching comforter for the other bed.  This week I went in (with no comforter luck), and decided to stroll by the kitchen section.  I spied pink on the bottom shelf and held my breath....and this is what I saw:

Hello, Flamingo Pink!!!
 I quickly turned it over to see how much it was, and almost dropped it when I saw the price!


I've never seen Flamingo at a thrift before, and this is my first piece of pink. There was also a clear round casserole with a lid for $2.99, so we asked if we could take the lid from the other and pay $2.99, and they said, "Sure!" Yipee!


From looking it up, it looks like the lid that is supposed to go with this has a knob, but this is definitely ok for now.  After we left Goodwill, we went to a few more thrifts, and beautiful orange caught my eye, in the form of a Daisy fridgie!!!

503 Beauty!
 At first I thought it might be a Friendship piece, but a quick look told me it was Daisy, just like the bowl my mom brought down for me a while back. Orange is one of my most favorite colors!

The price on this one? a whopping $2.99! I still can't believe they both were so cheap, but I am definitely thankful!  This is one set that I would love to find- it has two small yellow fridgies, and a medium orange-yellow 502. I will be hunting!
 xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Sweet finds. And what a deal on the comforter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you, Six! I was so thankful she found that comforter- I really hope I can find one more. The prices online are crazy- even on ebay. :(

      Delete
  2. Great finds - great prices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill- thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. such a great find! the flamingo pink is so pretty. and well done on the up-sell, the lid looks like a good fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana! It's funny- the clear round casserole has the same number on the bottom as the Flamingo, but the have different lids. Makes you wonder why they changed the style...

      Delete
    2. interesting!

      also, forgot to mention... THAT PHONE <3 (you know i mean it when i use caps lol)

      Delete
    3. Wow, Ana! I think that's the first time I've seen caps from you! :)

      Delete
  4. Cool looking Pyrex colors!! I have some small light pink ones with flowers...don't know the names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are really pretty- I think it's Pink Daisy?! So many pretty patterns to collect, and so much better for you than plastic dishes. :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Mother's Day BT!!!! I decided to call you BT for short if that's ok :)

    God Bless!!

    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's fine. :) It reminds me of Disney's Robin Hood, when Little John calls Prince John "P.J."...I love that movie!

      Delete
  6. I love the orange Pyrex! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Madee- thanks for stopping by! Orange is my fav, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great find and a lid too. I can never find the lids and figured they are in the thrift stores because the lid is missing. Good one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, SylGrant! :) finding pieces with lids is always so nice, because then they're more functional- as well as pretty!

      Delete