Friday, June 15, 2012

A Day of Rest

Last weekend was a fun but crazy-busy one.  I think I am just recovering from it! We were getting ready for a church rummage (and bake) sale to help raise funds for kids to go to camp.  We were also getting ready for a certain someone's birthday.  There was a lot of baking, sorting, bagging going on before the sale.  Saturday we woke up (after going to bed at 2am) at 5:30am to get everything ready.  It was a fun, but tiring day, which ended with pie and celebration.  Sunday it was time to relax and unwind. 





It was Noelle's first real trip to the beach.  She's been a bunch of times already, but this was her first time actually ON the beach, sand between the toes and all.  I think she's hooked.

While we kicked back on the sand, the rest of the tribe was in the water. It was totally like Point Break. Except, no guns. Or presidents.  Or Anthony Kiedis making cameo appearances. Umm, never mind. More pictures, please!







Ava has been wanting to learn to surf.  She has also been watching Soul Surfer (minus the shark attack part!) and flashing us "hang loose" signs...so Mr. Bee took her out.  Over and over. She was ecstatic. :)

While the older ones were out with the long board, we went for a walk. This beach is my heart. It was a refuge for me when I was young(er) and on my own, it was our home for 6 months when we moved back from northern California, and it is still our favorite place to be.





We looked for crabs and other friends among the rocks and crevices. Cool stuff.



We stole some kisses...love her chubby little hand on my face.  She's so sweet.






We ran and played in the waves.  We followed each others' footprints.  We had fun.

I love this man!




I am so very thankful to be able to see wetsuits hanging and surfboards resting up against our house. I feel extremely blessed to share it with these beautiful gifts God has blessed us with. Sunday was indeed a day of rest. A day to refuel our souls. A day to marvel in the beauty only God could give.  I am so thankful.  And so ready for another.  Hope you get to rest and recharge this weekend!
xoxo

19 comments:

  1. You're too cute, Bee! As are your little ones! Jealous of your relaxing beach trip - living inland is no fun at all haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, Madee! When we moved to northern CA, I was aching for the beach. I learned, though, to look for (and completely enjoy!) the beauty that surrounded me where I was. We have been really blessed to live in some beautiful places- each had different and unique things about them. But my heart is so full being back at the beach! What beautiful places do you live by and enjoy?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad is from Lompoc, so I went to the beach every summer growing up. Beautiful! I live in KC, MO. The city is pretty! I live in a suburb...kind of country, haha. It's not so bad ;)

      Delete
  3. We have family in KC! Haven't been there yet, but if we get to make it out there, we'll hafta meet up and go thrifting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, haha! It's pretty great for thrifting! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm closing my eyes and pretending I'm there too.... it's not working. ;) Glad you guys had a day of rest and that it was at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm closing my eyes, too- and you're still not here! :( One of these days we'll get you all back down here! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Great photos... Looks like such a wonderful time. Your little one is growing up fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She IS getting big so fast! I bet your little guy is getting big, too! I just try to smoosh her as much as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your pics...! Thank you for sharing your fun day! I adore the photo where you got kisses...too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, Rene! I am just eating up those baby moments. Each stage with these guys has been amazing- children really are a blessing from God! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous beach! I dream of living in California, such a beautiful place. We have been twice already.

    Your little one is growing up so fast, what a smile! I miss the baby stage so much, my girls are 18 and 21!

    Looks like you had a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, De tout- doesn't it go fast? Each stage is amazing, but there's just something about cuddling a chubby baby, isn't there?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great day!! I always love the photos of your adorable family :) I remember my kids eating the sand at the beach when they were little. Kids + water = fun XOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much, Laura! So funny about the sand! None of ours have done it, (yet!) but my friend's daughter and my nephew have both done it. It's so funny to watch them shove it in as fast as they can before you try to get it out! You're right- such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your littlest isn't so little anymore! you all look wonderful, such a fun, sun and sand-filled day. hello summer! and yes, add me to the kids-eating-sand club! ptoo pteh yucky! how many times i've said that :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha! That's so funny, Ana! I love your sound effects. :) I don't know what compells them to keep shoving it in after the first mouthful. Maybe it's mouth feel- like crunchy sugar? That gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Egads! Where does the time go? They're all so big! And little Noelle....sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waa-haaa-haa! :(
      *sniff* I know...so big...

      Delete