Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Sweet Mobile

A while back I finished a fun project for the littlest bee.  I knew I wanted to make her a mobile from the start, and thanks to my mom and sister, I had the main components already.  Last year (I can't believe it's coming up on a year!), we had a woodland baby shower, and my sister made me some adorable little critters.  My mom had also scored an old mobile (straight from the 80's- jean bears and all!) for me.  I had an idea of what I wanted to do, and got to work...

The cast of characters

Vintage jumbo ric rac and bias tape are AWESOME!
It's Plain Jane now, but...



I had sooo much fun putting this together! I got to hang out in the garage, late night with my honey, listening to some cool tunes and working side by side on projects...his being restoring old bikes  (super-cool! Definitely needs a separate post!)...


And the finished product?





She looooves her mobile, and I'm so glad. It was a labor of love from her family that adores her.  Up next will be the quilt that her grandma made, followed by a peak into the girl's room. :)
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Oooh gorgeous work! So lovely! And yeah crazy how the time flies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Six! How many teeth does your little guy have?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks absolutely adorable!

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amanda! Glad you stopped by, it's nice to hear from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so cute! I absolutely adore it.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete